The prestigious World of Wearable Art 2020 (WOW) Awards Competition is a golden opportunity for designers to bring out unimaginable creations, defying creative and challenging the traditional regular designs. The finalist garments shortlisted in the competition are stunningly showcased in a show at Wellington, New Zealand with an audience of over 60,000 people. WOW pushes the limits of imagination and creativity of the designers.
The competition is open to all designers worldwide.
- Final date for submission: 30 March 2020
- Results of International Pre-selection: 3 April 2020
- Pre-selection closes for New Zealand first-time entrants: 11 May 2020
- New Zealand Pre-selection results go out: 14 May 2020
- Complete & Submit Entry closes: 26 June 2020
- First Judging: 10-12 July 2020
- Results of first judging: 24 July 2020
- Second judging: 30 August 2020
- Final Judging: 21 September 2020
- 2020 Awards Ceremony: 25 September 2020
The themes for 2020 wearable arts competition are:
- Elizabethan era
How to enter?
The participant must first register to generate a unique designer number. Mere registration does not mean submission of entries.
In online entry process, one has to follow three steps:
- Intention to enter
- Complete and submit entry
A detailed guide on the procedure to enter can be found here worldofwearableart
There are prizes worth NZ$187,500 to be won in the competition. The competition offers promotion of the designer’s work, networking opportunities, and access to exclusive internships and residencies.
Visit WOW website to know more about the contest.
Enjoy videos of the show at Youtube